Friday, July 1, 2011

Big News!

Lots of good things going on West of the Virginia coast.

The venue that I love is definitely available and we received the contract in the mail.  Now there are a few things left to consider.  My mother and I need to run to a few more places around the area to accurately compare prices.  The venue that I want has a low(er) rental fee, but you have to pay for more of the decor (i.e. decent chairs, napkins, linens, etc...)  Catering is not included so before we decide that this will be the most lucrative (and pretty) choice, we must contact a few catering companies.  A lot of the hotels will cover the linens, have nicer chairs, and take care of the catering.  That is all included in their total price.  Hotel conference rooms are not as pretty as the venue I want though!  Either way, I know we will make things work!  But all in all, the dream venue is available for us even though we were originally third in line for that specific date!

Second, the church that I am looking at is available for the date!  We are not members of this church (but it's like a second church home).  This raised concern since many churches do not allow non-members to marry in their church.  Well they do, and it's lovely!  It's an older Presbyterian church in downtown!  Know what else is great about it?  It's within walking distance from the dream reception venue!  We can have a wedding caravan of sorts from one venue to the other.  This church caters, so we are going to look into their catering and possibly use them for the reception.

Finally, Andrew and I finished our engagement pictures.  We took them at the beach and they turned out wonderfully!  The photographer was super and a pleasure to work with.  Once we own the rights to the photos I'll share some : )

I am so ready for all the venue details to be finished so I can get to the fun part... the dress and decorations!!  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment