Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Color Me Stunned

So, every wedding has colors.  Most weddings have themes that inspire the colors.
As I stated a while ago (I think) I love the bright turquoise and the lime green colors.  I had a revelation.

Here's how it started.  My parents said they wanted to get me a piece of jewelry to commemorate my graduation.  Naturally, I go to the Tiffany & Co website and start looking at reasonable options.  Realistically, I probably will not receive anything else from there, so it's now or never.  Here's the thing though,  I love Tiffany's. I have loved it since I was 16.  I would go to their site and look at engagement rings.  The first ring I ever really liked was their legacy engagement ring.  If you look at pictures, mine looks awfully similar.  Tiffany blue is pretty darn close to the blue on the background of this page...

Yes, that's right, I want my theme to be based off of Tiffany & Co.  I went on Etsy just to look at things that have this color - um there are a million and one things related to Tiffany's and weddings.  Well, then I was like this has got to happen.  I had a lot of meetings today regarding the wedding.  We have explored a lot of our options and now it's just a matter of comparing who will provide what and at what cost.  I was feeling a little stressed out since there really is no "wrong" answer (they'll all be about the same price--expensive, ha). I prayed and said to God, "This is your wedding, not mine.  You'll make things work as you see fit."  Well after giving something up to God, I almost always feel ten pounds lighter and an overwhelming peace calms me (He is so good like that!)  That is when I decided to start looking at stuff on Etsy for fun and stumbled across this *divinely inspired idea.

Now I know that he will find some pretty awesome deals for me, since this whole theme is His idea.  

Oh, and that lime green..still will be there.  I'm thinking an accent color to bring out the greenery in the plants I have!  Getting pretty excited.  And I figure I can make half of what I find on Etsy.  Fun weekend plans ahead.  I'll post my craft inspirations and final products as I embark on those adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment